10.22.2007

SX-70

How Fun!

I found an old Polaroid SX-70 camera at a garage sale. I had no idea what it was or if it worked when I saw it but I knew it had potential.

After bringing it home I did some research and found that they no longer make the film for this camera. Polaroid (and Fuji) still makes 600 and 779 film. Both have an ISO of about 600. The original SX-70 film had an ISO of 125. So I dug a bit more and found out that there are several ways to convert the camera for use with the ISO600 film. I decided to go with the easiest and least destructive method of replacing the auto exposure filter. There was a 2 stop neutral density filter and I replaced it with a piece of clear CD case that I fashioned to fit the AE opening. Good Stuff!

The results were better than expected. I thought the colors would be all crazy and washed out but they actually turned out really well. Have a look....
I added some of my new textures to this one :)

No comments: