11.24.2007

Saturday wasted

Man oh man. 4 days of vacation over thanksgiving and I catch a cold. I was down hard yesterday and today I'm about %50. I had to cancel an engagement shoot that I was super excited about. Oh well they are friends and we rescheduled for Sunday. Zinc lozenges rule.

My sister got 2 awesome lenses from canon professional services: the 70-200 f/2.8L and the 85mm f/1.2L. Oh man this is some nice glass. I have to mail them back on monday so I'm itchin to shoot with them. Here's what I got on thanksgiving....

The bokah is silky smooth in this image.

Stable of glass. we own the 2 in the middle.

So today in my bed ridden state I have been reading about off camera flash. Zack Arias is the master of one off camera flash. I really like how one light can modify a photograph. I think from now on I'm going to shoot like this. Hmmm ok so I'm going to need 2 pocket wizards, a vivitar 285, a huge soft box with stand.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Riley -
Hope you are feeling better today!
I enjoyed reading your blog. Beautiful pictures!
Have a great week!
Kim